Type of Activity:
Events and stewarding, Teaching, training and leading
Cause / Interest:
Art and culture, Heritage
Times for the Opportunity:
Monday AM, Tuesday AM, Wednesday AM, Thursday AM, Friday AM
Interpersonal skills, Leadership, Teaching and training
Skills To Gain:
Interpersonal skills, Planning and organising, Teamwork
Additional / Specific Suitability:
Doing with a friend, Older People, Those looking for work
More Details About This Role
Delivering a short, pre-planned workshop to groups of 10 primary ages children based on the history of the local area as part of a team. The class will visit the museum for the morning and ‘rotate’ through 3 activities.
What Could Someone Gain From This Role?
• If you enjoy working with children or are wanting to gain experience delivering short-pre-planned workshops then this is a good opportunity with relatively little commitment.
• If you are wanting to gain experience in the education and/ or heritage sector.
• If you enjoy working with children.
• If you enjoy storytelling and drama and don’t mind getting into character (this will not be required by all volunteers
• If you would like to develop your confidence
Requirements and Benefits
Age / Gender Restrictions
• Over 18’s due to the sessions taking place on weekday mornings
• DBS check and cleared (we can support with this if necessary.)
• No gender restrictions
Due to the historic nature of our building and Heptonstall village, unfortunately disabled access is restricted. We are currently in the process of assessing what we can do to improve access to the museum. The role will involve negotiating steps and moving inside and outside and conducting workshops in areas with an uneven floor surface. We only have one toilet which is situated in a small room in the museum.