Grants of up to £2,000 are now available for voluntary organisations in Calderdale for technical professional support to address a skills or knowledge gap in the organisation or address an immediate need for technical input to advance a project or service.
This fund cannot be used for ongoing revenue, staff costs, core activities, events, or capital work. The fund can only be used for support than is not already provided through the VSI Alliance in Calderdale.
Examples of eligible costs are fees for:
- Legal advice
- Asset development and feasibility work e.g., surveyor, architect, conveyancing services, energy and utility consultancy
- IT consultancy for specific projects
- Specialist advice – heritage, environmental sustainability, arts and museum consultancy
- Training that will provide the organisation with specialist technical knowledge to advance their services.
This is not an exhaustive list, and your requirements should be discussed with the VSI Alliance team.
Please note, this is a limited fund therefore if you are interested in applying you should make an enquiry as soon as possible. We expect to be able to fund around 10 applications at this stage. Once the total grant allowance is allocated the fund will be closed.
Eligibility and terms
- The group must be an incorporated VCSE organisation and have a bank account. The only exception to this is if you have been formally invited to submit a business plan following a successful EOI for a Community Asset Transfer (CAT) by Calderdale Council. In this case we will accept applications from unincorporated groups, but you must show evidence that you have a linked / accountable organisation to hold the funding for you and that you have approval from Calderdale Council to prepare a business case for CAT.
- All applications must include a quote from the supplier with evidence of scope of work, timescales, and day rate. The day rate cap is £550 +VAT.
- Grants can be used to contribute to larger pieces of work but you must show how you intend to meet the additional costs over the £2,000 available from this fund.
- Funded work should be completed by 31st March 2022.
- A final report with evidence of the work completed and invoice must be submitted to evidence the grant expenditure. Any underspend must either be applied for reallocation or returned.
- Eligible work under this fund is specialist and technical input that cannot be provided by the VSI Alliance (including Locality and WYCAS).
- All applicants need to supply their governing document, bank account information and policies. The panel may also request additional information from applicants.
How to apply
Organisations wishing to apply to the fund should contact Cassandra Walker: email@example.com or 07955 364192 to discuss their project.
If eligible, you will be issued an application form.
Decisions will be made at a weekly grant panel and we aim to notify you of the outcome of your application within 2 weeks of your application.
Please note, this is a limited fund therefore if you are interested in applying you should make an enquiry as soon as possible. Once the total grant allowance is allocated the fund will be closed.
For all other dates, please contact Cassandra on the information above.