Funding is available for groups across the UK working with children and young people aged under 16 to address issues such as abuse, addiction, young carers, and homelessness.
7Stars Foundation is offering grants of up to £2,500 for registered charities across the United Kingdom to support young people aged 16 and under who are young carers or are challenged by abuse and addiction, homelessness, and lack of access to safe spaces. Funding will support projects in geographic areas of deprivation and socioeconomic disadvantage and help young people to achieve the best start in life.
UK-based organisations with an annual turnover of less than £1.5 million can apply for funding for projects that:
- Enable young people to have the best start in life and aim high.
- Have a direct impact and respond to a need in an immediate manner.
- Are hosted in geographical areas of deprivation and socioeconomic disadvantage.
- Respond to one or more of the funding priorities of the 7stars Foundation (abuse, addiction, homelessness, and child carers).
- Address a lack of provision (due to a lack of funding from alternative sources).
- Provide immediate support, not just in the short-term but with long-term benefits too.
For projects addressing Child Carers, preference will be given to applications that offer long-term impact or sustainable support, such as mentoring or outreach programmes, over recreational trips.
There are four application rounds in 2022.
The next deadline for applications is 31 July 2022.